*CANCELLED* Evans Head Ocean Swim
Due to increased shark activity on the Far North Coast the decision was made to cancel the Evans Head Ocean Swim for 2015. Disappointment all around but safety has to come first. Watch 2016 for a big return of this attractive local swim.
What you need to know…
- Start: 9am (750m), 10am (2km)
- Organiser: Evans Head – Casino SLSC
- Where: Evans Head is on the NSW far north coast between Yamba and Ballina.
- Distances: 750m, 2km
- Minimum age: 10 (750m)
- Course: Circuits from the middle of Evans Head beach in front of the surf clubhouse.
- Prize money: 1st – $600, 2nd – $250, 3rd – $150, both male and female overall in 2km swim only, plus many random prizes and category prizes.
- Registration: At Evans Head – Casino SLSC clubhouse (see map).
- Conditions: Evans Head is an open beach with shifting breaks, gutters, and rips, with intensity depending on tides, wind and swell direction. There is some protection from the breakwater and the headland at the southern end of the beach, and the breakwater can offer a quick run-out.
- Entry fee: 2km – $25, 750m – $15, both swims – $35 (Entry fees $10 higher on swim day).
- Online entries close: 3pm, Saturday, February 28, 2015
- Transport and parking: There is plenty of parking around Evans Head – Casino SLSC clubhouse. It’s a country swim.
- More info – OCEANSWIMS.COM
All proceeds to Evans Head – Casino SLSC.
This is a terrific country event, and like all good country events you’re all invited to dinner at the Evans Head – Casino SLSC on Saturday night. Nights such as these are very important to country swim organisers as fundraisers. So if you’re in town for the swim, or you’re just in town, have tea at the surf club on Saturday night.
There is something very special about country swims. Lovely sense of community.
Find us on Facebook: Evans Head Ocean Swim
For more information: OCEANSWIMS.COM